Entering a Roman Catholic convent at age 18 left an indelible mark on me. Leaving before my 21st was devastating. However, marriage and children quickly moved my life forward. After 25 years of marriage, raising two children and working as an RN I decided to take a fresh look at my future. I took a year to investigate alternatives and by chance took a weekend workshop (for CE’s) at the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, San Francisco, a graduate school specializing in Human Sexuality. This chance workshop changed the trajectory of my life. The implications for my patients and their intimate partners was obvious once my mind began to expand and appreciate the vastness of the problem. That was more than a decade ago and now in my role as a practicing RN and with a thriving private practice in Sexology, life is very different. I always address sexual implications and am an advocate for better education and assistance to all our patients.
That the intimate sexual lives of those I reach may be brighter and happier and that I may eventually be a force for positive change.
To affirm the right of every individual regardless of age or physical condition to healthy intimacy and sexuality. I promote comprehensive education leading to enhanced relationships. To support this mission I research and disseminate information with respect and without judgment.
▪ Ph.D. Human Sexuality from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
San Francisco, CA. June 1998
▪ Associate Degree Clinical Sexology March 1996
▪ Associate Degree Sex Education Oct. 1995
▪ Post-graduate studies Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality Oct. 1994
▪ Challenged and passed CA. RN Boards. (Registered nurse) 1986
▪ S.R.N. State Registered Nurse (English equivalent of RN)
University Hospital of South Manchester 1969-1972
▪ Private practice in sexual counseling and education. Developing sexuality workshops for
hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and the community covering a wide area of disabilities.
▪ Adjunct Professor Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, San Francisco, CA
▪ CA. licensed Registered Nurse
Other Affiliations and Professional Interests
▪ Certified as an AASECT (American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors,
and Therapists) sexuality counselor
▪ The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
▪ The American College of Sexologists
▪ Member of first ReSurge International (formerly International Interplast) team to work in
Lhassa Municipal Hospital, Tibet. August 1998
▪ Member of Sutter’s Integrative Health Team (www.sutterintegrativehealth.org)